Access The Royals 3.3.6 by selecting from the HOME icon on the toolbar (upper left, next to the email icon).
Ger, or Gur (or Gerrer when used as an adjective) is a Hasidic dynasty originating from Ger, the Yiddish name of Góra Kalwaria, a small town in Poland. The founder of the dynasty was Rabbi Yitzchak Meir Alter (1798–1866), known as the Chiddushei HaRim after his primary scholarly work by that title.
- Yitzchak Meir Alter (1799–1866)
- Chanokh Heynekh HaKohen Levin (1798–1870)
- Yehudah Aryeh Leib Alter (1847–1905)
- Avraham Mordechai Alter (1866–1948)
- Yisrael Alter (1895–1977)
- Simcha Bunim Alter (1898–1992)
- Pinchas Menachem Alter (1926–1996)
- Yaakov Aryeh Alter (b. 1939)
A relative of the family believed there was a connection, so I found an online tree back in 2007 figuring one day I'll look into the matter. Ten years later.... There are connections! With assistance from Geni.com, I found they do in fact connect to our family. Just not close enough that you'd be inviting them over for dinner. I think my grandfather would have been so happy.
Much of the contents of this site are sourced from Wikipedia contents, are available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license and Geni.com, especially to show connection paths (as it's relevant to the Site Admin, this is blocked from public view.)
No username or password is required.