This site was started for testing kiwitrees latest install, and then I got hooked on the characters. The family tree is that of titled British aristocracy of the United Kingdom and persons from European countries that married into them. The original 1992 royals.ged GEDCOM I found online was created by Denis Reid of Broadview Heights, Ohio, with the statement "You may make this Royal GEDCOM available to whomever."
It's a past time of mine and meant to modify/update as opposed to expand information contained. Denis stated "I would welcome comments and suggestions and possible sources to improve the database." In this vein, I welcome such too
The primary source is Wikipedia in an attempt to not violate copyright and use public domain information.
PLEASE do not treat the information in this genealogy as authoritative. It is based on the best geneology information I have been able to access.
You do not require a username/password to view "The Royals -- Long Live the Monarchy".
- In historic times, many families belonged to "House of XYZ" where the "XYZ" was the territory the patriarch or matriarch ruled. The British Royal Family never had last names until 1917, when King George V changed the "house name" to Windsor and made that the Royal Family's last name.
- For women, both maiden and married names are added to help ascertain their identity.
- "Number of children" found on the record of a father and mother equals the total number of children. For example, three children are shown in the panel on the side whereas "Number of children" show 5, indicating two children do not have their own record but details, if known, are as shown. Typical reason is they were stillborn or died in infancy.
- Illegitimate children maybe shown with the women that bore them, either as part of the partner's record or with corresponding individual records.
- While there are over 4,000 (Aug 2015) records in the database, many, many more are still to be added. Spouses, children, parents and/or siblings. These members were not part of the original database import so will be added once information can be verified.
By the numbers...
The Royals 3.3.5 -- Long Live the British Monarchy: was last updated on 7 October 2018.
On this day
- 2018 OCT 07: upgrade to The Royals 3.3.4; 4,324 royal records
- 2018 MAR 07: upgrade to The Royals 3.3.3; 4,301 royal records
- 2018 FEB 27: moved to The Royals 3.3.2 to new home at rbcsolutions.ca; 4,301 royal records
- 2017 SEP 17: upgrade to The Royals 3.3.1; 4,301 royal records
- 2016 APR 22: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.3; 4,301 royal records
- 2016 APR 15: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.1; 4,294 royal records
- 2016 MAR 08: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.0 at new URL; 4,113 royal records
- 2016 MAR 03: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.0; 4,113 royal records
- 2015 AUG 23: added Fancy Tree View (narrative) menu
- 2015 JUL 30: upgrade to The Royals 3.1.1: 4,088 royal records
- 2015 JUL 28: added image to home page HTML block
- 2015 JUL 25: modified Colors theme for Contacts page
- 2015 JUL 21: modified Place Hierarchy to display in single column
- 2015 JUL 20: upgrade to The Royals 3.1, about 3,300 royal records
- 2015 MAR 03: first edition of The Royals 3.0 - 3, 010 royal records; created from a 1992 Dec 25 GEDCOM fil.e by Denis Reid with the notice
From now back to the beginning
|1952 - present||Elizabeth II||Windsor|
|55||1702-1714||Anne de Mortimer||Stuart (restored)|
|54||1689-1694||Mary II||Stuart (restored)|
|53||1689-1702||William IIII||Stuart (restored)|
|52||1685-1688||James II||Stuart (restored)|
|51||1660-1685||Charles II||Stuart (restored)|
|26||1141||Empress Matilda (Queen Maud)||Norman|
|20||1042-1066||Edward (the Confessor)||Saxon|
|15||1016||Edmund II (Ironside)||Wessex|
|Æthelred II (Ethelred the Unready)||Wessex|
|12||975-978||Edward the Martyr||Wessex|
|12||959-975||Edgar the Peaceable||Wessex|
|11||955-959||Eadwig (Edwy) All-Fair||Wessex|
|9||940-946||Edmund the Magnificent||Wessex|
|7||899-925||Edward the Elder||Wessex|
|6||871-899||Alfred the Great||Wessex|
- Site Admin