The family tree is that of titled British aristocracy of the United Kingdom and persons from European countries that married into them. The original 1992 royals.ged GEDCOM I found online was created by Denis Reid of Broadview Heights, Ohio, with the statement "You may make this Royal GEDCOM available to whomever."
The primary source is Wikipedia in an attempt to not violate copyright and use public domain information.
PLEASE do not treat the information in this genealogy as authoritative. It is based on the best geneology information I have been able to access.
You do not require a username/password to view "The Royals -- Long Live the Monarchy".
- In historic times, many families belonged to "House of XYZ" where the "XYZ" was the territory the patriarch or matriarch ruled. The British Royal Family never had last names until 1917, when King George V changed the "house name" to Windsor and made that the Royal Family's last name.
- For women, both maiden and married names are added to help ascertain their identity.
- "Number of children" found on the record of a father and mother equals the total number of children. For example, three children are shown in the panel on the side whereas "Number of children" show 5, indicating two children do not have their own record but details, if known, are as shown. Typical reason is they were stillborn or died in infancy.
- Illegitimate children maybe shown with the women that bore them, either as part of the partner's record or with corresponding individual records.
- While there are over 4,000 (Aug 2015) records in the database, many, many more are still to be added. Spouses, children, parents and/or siblings. These members were not part of the original database import so will be added once information can be verified.
By the numbers...
The Royals 3.3.7 -- Long Live the British Monarchy: was last updated on 26 December 2019.
From now back to the beginning
|1952 - present||Elizabeth II||Windsor|
|55||1702-1714||Anne de Mortimer||Stuart (restored)|
|54||1689-1694||Mary II||Stuart (restored)|
|53||1689-1702||William IIII||Stuart (restored)|
|52||1685-1688||James II||Stuart (restored)|
|51||1660-1685||Charles II||Stuart (restored)|
|26||1141||Empress Matilda (Queen Maud)||Norman|
|20||1042-1066||Edward (the Confessor)||Saxon|
|15||1016||Edmund II (Ironside)||Wessex|
|Æthelred II (Ethelred the Unready)||Wessex|
|12||975-978||Edward the Martyr||Wessex|
|12||959-975||Edgar the Peaceable||Wessex|
|11||955-959||Eadwig (Edwy) All-Fair||Wessex|
|9||940-946||Edmund the Magnificent||Wessex|
|7||899-925||Edward the Elder||Wessex|
|6||871-899||Alfred the Great||Wessex|
- Site Admin